ENORASI Project Consortium
University of Thessaly
The Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics of the University of Thessaly (UTH-CSBI), is a unique University Department in Greece combining knowledge and experience from three disciplines, namely computer science/information technology, biology and medicine. Its students receive a multidisciplinary background which makes them ideal executives in the biomedical industry, including pharma and medical device industries. The research interests of intelligent systems innovation (is-innovation.eu) research group, which represents UTH-CSBI in this project include signal, image and video processing, analysis; pattern recognition and data mining; intelligent and fuzzy systems; and uncertainty-aware decision making.
University of Thessaly is the coordinating organisation of the ENORASI project.
Intracom S. A. Telecom Solutions
Intracom Telecom is a global telecommunication systems & solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company was derived from Intracom, a company that began operating in 1977 with 10 employees in Athens, Greece, manufacturing and assembling telecommunication equipment to address domestic needs. In 2005, Intracom was transformed into a holding company and the telecommunications business unit became a company under the name Intracom Telecom.
During its four decades of history, the company has successfully participated in major ICT projects worldwide and has received awards and distinctions for its technologies and work environment. Today, Intracom Telecom employs over 1,700 highly-skilled professionals and operates own R&D and production facilities. Its subsidiaries span across Europe, Russia & the CIS, the Middle East & Africa, Asia and North America.
Intracom Telecom has extensive know-how and a proven track record in the telecommunications market, serving more than 100 renowned customers in over 70 countries. The company develops and provides products, solutions and professional services primarily for fixed and mobile telecom operators, public authorities and large public and private enterprises.
The company's core business offerings include:
- Fixed Wireless Access: WiBAS-Connect compact all-outdoor MW radio offers high-quality broadband access connectivity to residential customers and SMEs. It operates in area-licensed ETSI and FCC MW bands and reaches 500 Mbit/s aggregate capacity.
- SDN/NFV Networks: Intracom Telecom's Virtualisation Wi-Fi Services Platform unifies heterogeneous Wi-Fi Access Points providing a centralised network management and unified services delivery engine which empowers the operators to effortlessly isolate service offerings & network slices, as if they were running on completely separate hardware.
- Telco Software Solutions: Intracom Telecom has been building and enriching a wide portfolio of advanced telco software solutions, enabling Operators to generate new revenues and boost their Customers’ Experience.
- Smart City Solutions: Intracom Telecom takes its offering to the next level by supporting new verticals in addition to smart lighting (sound, waste, traffic, parking), while also providing a powerful IoT & Smart City services command & control platform.
- IoT Enablement & Monetisation: Intracom Telecom has developed a flexible in packaging and cost-effective enhancement and revenue management solution that addresses the IoT data control and monetisation challenges and offers complete management of the IoT services.
- Renewable & Energy Management Solutions: Intracom Telecom, having an over three decades experience in the Energy Management field, provides a complete Smart Grid and Energy Management solutions portfolio.
The company invests significantly in R&D developing cutting-edge products and integrated solutions that ensure customer satisfaction, with an investment of 7% of annual revenues and 18% of staff. Intracom Telecom has participated so far in more than 120 international innovative research projects working in collaboration with eminent academic and research institutions. The company's research activities include the areas of 5G (including Industrial Applications), IoT interoperability, SDN/NFV, next generation/future internet, New Media Technologies (including IP-TV and CDN services), Smart Grids and energy management, IT cyber-security and protection of critical infrastructures, environment and climate change, Smart Agriculture, and e-Health.
National Centre for Scientific Research - "Demokritos"
National Centre for Scientific Research - "Demokritos" (NCSR) is the largest multidisciplinary research centre in Greece. The Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT) conducts research in the areas of telecommunications, networking, WWW and Intelligent Information Systems. The Computational Intelligence Laboratory (CIL) of the IIT has been conducting research in strategic sectors of computational intelligence with extensive experience in coordination and participation on national/EU projects.